Classic Computer Collector's Code of Conduct
As a serious collector, I follow the Classic Computer Collector's Code of Conduct (CCCCC). The CCCCC is listed here for your reference:
- I will do my best to find a home for any classic or unwanted computer.
- I will return or destroy any personal or commercially sensitive data I find on a machine I acquire, and will keep it in the strictest confidence, should I find it necessary to view it.
- I will aid users in the decomissioning of their machines, should they require assistance.
- I will respect active software and publication copyrights.
- I will, whenever possible, repair the computers in my collection and maintain them in working order, and will assist others in doing the same, to the best of my ability. I will actively encourage the repair, maintenance, and use of older computers, inpreference to the irreversable alteration of machines and parts for non-computer applications.
- I will actively promote the exchange of computers, parts, and information among collectors, and will refrain from hoarding multiple examples of any item.
- I will actively promote ethical collecting.
Made with DokuWiki — Sitemap — RSS Feed — Feedback
ccccc.txt · Last modified: 2019/10/13 17:05 by system